Brain & Energy Support
July 18, 2023
Our bodies are made up of all kinds of cells working together to form the tissues that come together to make up our organs that function cohesively to make the systems that synergize to run our body. And that’s just the anatomy or the structure part, the physiology or function part is where a lot of the real magic of life and health comes in. In considering our health, maintaining robust links between structure and function are essential. For example, if we take a look at how our brain is performing (aka functioning) when it comes to the things we expect our brain to do, like maintaining our mood, allowing clear thinking, and remembering all kinds of names, dates, and details, then consider the environment it needs to do them, like sufficient energy availability, effective stress response, and efficient neurotransmitter (the communication messengers in our brain) communication and balance, it gives us some great information for setting up our support routine!
We all know that most nutrients have multiple benefits but since we’ve got brain health on the brain, let’s talk about the why behind some specific product pairings for Vimergy Mind Mixology!
Brain Benefit: Energy
Team: Liquid Vitamin B12 and Ashwagandha
How they help:
- There are multiple forms of B12 available, but the special adenosylcobalamin form plays an important role in energy production. It enters the mitochondria (tiny energy plants in our cells) and promotes energy production as it supports the breakdown of nutrients from our diet to make the energy our body needs to function.* This means it acts at the most foundational level to promote vital cellular energy production in the brain and beyond.
- Ashwagandha has a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine as a member of a special class of herb known as rasayanas or ‘rejuvenators’. In addition to its general rejuvenating qualities, human studies of Ashwagandha use have revealed perceived increases in multiple aspects of cognition and mental performance in adults (even very young ones!).*1,2
Brain Benefit: Neurotransmitter Balance and Communication
Team: B Vitamins, Rhodiola, and 5-HTP
How they help:
- B vitamins are a group of related water-soluble vitamins that work best when taken together as a “complex”. B vitamins play a very close role with brain chemistry and neurotransmitter levels particularly in the synthesis of dopamine and serotonin (neurotransmitters strongly related to mood).*
- Rhodiola is an herb that helps move precursors to serotonin and dopamine through the blood-brain barrier and into the brain where they can be used to drive levels of these two important brain communication messengers, 3 supporting their overall effects, promoting mood stability, and benefitting motivation.*4
- 5-HTP: Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter and communication molecule in our brain. 5-HTP is a tryptophan metabolite needed for serotonin synthesis in the brain. It is produced as a natural intermediate in the conversion of tryptophan (an amino acid) into serotonin. Of critical importance for the brain is the ability of 5-HTP to cross the blood brain barrier and increase serotonin levels in the brain specifically.*5
Brain Benefit: Memory and Cognition
Team: Algae-based EPA / DHA and Celery Powder
How they help:
- Though not a celery juice replacement, celery powder can provide a boost to some of the most important and beneficial compounds found in celery, like choline, inositol and amino acids. Choline provides the backbone for the transmitter acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is involved in multiple phases of memory formation.* Inositols are widely distributed in nature, are highly concentrated in the brain, and are found as a part of the cell membrane, participating as second messengers in multiple cell communication processes especially those related to insulin regulation and sensitivity.*6
- Algae based EPA and DHA provides the essential fatty acid EPA and DHA, key micronutrients that enhance and protect the brain in a fish-free vegan product.*7 Published research found multiple EPA and DHA derived benefits in all but the most extremely low EPA and DHA concentration group.* Confirming that one does not need massive amounts of these nutrients in their tissues to experience big benefits such as increased volume of brain tissue in the hippocampus (an area well-known for its role in memory) and improved cognitive measures such as abstract reasoning.7
Dysregulation of metabolic processes means our physiology is impacted and this leads to the expression of any number of symptoms. This can be frustrating and even scary when the symptoms start to cascade on top of each other and deeply affect our daily life. Vimergy understands that more complex and chronic concerns reflect the need for multi-faceted support but many sensitized systems can’t tolerate complicated formulas or potentially harmful excipient ingredients. That’s where Vimergy Mixology comes in. Vimergy Mixology means clean formulas with unlimited customization potential that easily fit in your life.
Embrace your inner mixologist now with our Mix + Save deals now!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.